Thursday 28 July 2016

Go South 02 -- Red-tailed Black-cockatoo

I wasn't too sure about what to do next after getting the car back. So I thought, "Go north". Slowly. I had a look at Cattana Wetlands and then went into Yorkey's Knob to check out the lake at the golf course. As I went slowly down a side street, I heard the unmistakable sound of Red-tailed Black-cockatoos. I stopped and looked up and there were 40 or so RTBC in the trees above the community hall. Took some photos. The females have lots of speckles and yellow/orange panels in their tails. The males have no speckles and red panels. Easy!

female left; male right
female

female
female, male, female
Quite interesting. On my way back past the hall. most of the cockies were on the ground feasting on the nuts that they had been "harvesting" whilst I was investigating the lake.











No comments:

Post a Comment