1. Brown Goshawk ripping past with freshly caught bird in its talons. I could see its meal fluttering and kicking as it was pecked to death in a wattle close by.
2. Many dozens of Red-necked Avocets.
3. Great Crested Grebe on Lake King.
4. A White-necked Heron.
5. A Marsh Sandpiper hanging out with a bunch of Silver Gulls and a pair of Masked Lapwings in a puddle [big] in a paddock.
6. A Striated Fieldwren showing for a magnificent photo-opportunity. The image was taken by Ian Wright as I was lugging the scope around at the time. Thanks Ian.
|Striated Fieldwren Photo by Ian Wright|
8. On the way home I was able to take some images of Whiskered Terns. They were collectively hunting over new, ephemeral, freshwater lakes generated by the big downpour on Saturday and Sunday caused by the East Coast Low.